When I first landed in Sydney I had organised to stay at a family friends flat in Bronte, which is near Bondi. So I took a taxi from the airport and headed to the beach. It took me about 10 minutes to find the key, I searched everywhere to find it practically right next to the door, and rapidly got changed before heading to the beach. However, I hadn't been down there long before the heavens opened and I had to run back. That evening after Jake had finished work and been to the gym we settled in to watch pretty much every episode of Idiot Abroad while having left overs from his weekend roast. It was nice to relax after being in hostels. Having access to a kettle was bliss and I massively indulged in peppermint tea. The next day my Aunt Debbie came to pick me up so that I could stay at her and Paul's Palm Beach house (North Sydney Beaches). Arriving was like stepping into heaven.
The house, beach and area were all beautiful beyond belief - as was the food! I had my own room with a double bed and two lovely spaniels for company (Miss Spot and Miss Ink) - it was bliss. On our first dog walk we even saw my TV crush from Home & Away (Palm beach is where all the beach scenes are filmed)! I met their wonderful friends and they made me feel so at home. In the evenings I even managed to catch up on some TV and some reading! I saw an awful program called The Housewives of Melbourne, it was cringe worthy to the extreme.
Finally, the morning of the day I was heading back to the city, the Royals were coming to a North Sydney beach called Manly which is where my friend Izzie lives. We decided to head down to the beach and see if we could catch a glimpse. The sidewalks were congested and people had been waiting for hours - there was no way we were going to see them so we went down onto the beach to catch some rays and watch some of the Manly Beach lifesaving displays put on to entertain the crowds. A few hours later screams erupted from the crowds on the board walk and we stood up next to the fence on the beach to have a "nosey". The crowds were screaming "Kate, Kate! Over here!", it was mayhem. People were pushing up against the rails and it was hard not to get crushed! However, luckily for Debbie and I, plus Debbie's two friends, Will headed straight over to our group and we were the first people to shake his hand and receive a "It's lovely to meet you" and small talk about us being British. The whole experience was rather overwhelming, the crowds were crazy as if possessed but overall it was nice to see so much support for the Royals over here, although I must say I don't think I will do it again! Kate looked beautiful and they both chatted away to all the young life savers and started a few races with a gun, before receiving gifts of surfboards - all this was done my Kate in heels, very impressive!
Here are some photos of my time there...!
Lots of Love,
Clementine x
Luxury Brekkie :)
Miss Spot
Me in the Sunshine
Miss Spot and Miss Ink
A piece of Sydney artwork
Mmm... fresh food!
South end of Palm Beach
View from the house
Good Morning!
Manly Beach and the Royals
Queue for the ferry to the city!
View from the Ferry dock
First view of the Harbour Bridge :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment