Tuesday, 13 May 2014

18th of April until the 3rd of May - Sydney continued

Hello!!

As usual, I am behind on my blog! The frustrating thing is that I already wrote this entry and then bad wifi meant that it did not save... Grrr! So here we go again!

After leaving my Aunt Debbie in north Sydney, I moved into a hostel called Originals in Kings Cross (a notoriously dodgy but good party area). The hostel was actually amazing with a huge fully equipped kitchen and clean bathrooms! I was placed in an all boys dorm, but they didn't seem to mind - so neither did I! Whilst at the hostel I partied in the local clubs and bars, got up absurdly early one morning for a farmers market, visited my friend Izzy in Manly where she lives, saw the Opera House and Botanical Gardens, visited Bondi many, many times, visited Darling Harbour and much more! Here are some photos of those events! 

 
My Hostel





Farmer's Market





Bondi Beach


Darling Harbour 



Manly - where Izzy lives!



The Botanical Gardens



The Sydney Opera House


Me and Robin, my French roommate 

Next! (Sorry that I don't know any dates!) Josh, Jake and Alice very kindly invited me on a weekend away to Bundeena over the Anzac weekend. There are not many photos of this weekend I'm afraid but I will put up what I have. It was great to meet all their friends who welcomed me in with open arms which was lovely. I had a great time and to top it all off, on the way home we went cliff jumping! The water was freezing and murky but that was not enough to deter the adrenaline junkies amongst his from jumping straight in! So much fun! I then spent the next nigh staying at Jakes and finally looking round Bronte. I have to put out a special mention to Jake for letting me stay at his apartment so often! Thank you! Following that, I stayed with my Aunt Debbie and Paul again but this time in their city apartment in Potts Point. It was lovely to spend time with them again, especially Miss Ink and Miss Spot. I felt very spoiled! Deb and I visited an art exhibition on Cockatoo Island for the Biennale Sydney Art Festival which was really interesting and the setting was superb. I would recommend people to go!


Sam and I



Weekend in Bundeena 




Bronte







Finally, I moved back into central city to the Wake Up hostel so that I could spend time with my friend Hannah who had been travelling the East Coast and was about to leave for home :( we had a great night out and I got to meet her fellow travelling friend Lisa, before climbing the Harbour Bridge the next and searching for gifts! We also splurged a little bit and bought a good lunch at a fancy pub in the rocks! 




So there we go! That was a very long, yet brief post about what I did in Sydney!

Lots of Love,

Clementine x

No comments:

Post a Comment