Monday, 7 April 2014

Bungee Jump at Lake Taupo - 20th March

Hey,

Tara had informed us that the best bungee jump on the North Island was at Lake Taupo - so off we headed to jump off the edge of a cliff. Fun? No.

It was genuinely the most terrifying thing I have ever done and probably will. Unlike Skydiving where I felt confident and excited for what was to come, with bungee jumping I was just petrified. Gee and I had decided to do a tandem jump, which is wear you jump as a pair! There are extra risks but at least you aren't on your own (plus, then we couldn't chicken out!). There were two people to go in front of us - the first just tipped himself off the edge when he was ready, where as the second launched himself off in a moment of seeming elation or recklessness in my opinion. Then it was our turn! We shuffled to the edge with our feet tied together, smiled at the camera, held hands and then the count down began. "3, 2, 1...jump!" There was no movement. Then I felt a palm on my back before we were pushed off by the laughing technician! I swear my heart stopped. It was so scary! But then I felt my mouth form a smile and could hear someone whooping, which it turns out was me! As Gee was once again yelling "ow, ow, owww!" as the blood rushed to her head.

The experience was amazing but 100% something I am not going to do again. It was mental.

Here are the photos....

Lots of Love,

Clementine x














We survived!


No comments:

Post a Comment