Hi,
So in my last few days in Melbourne, I tried to cram in as much stuff as possible as I will not be returning here until late June (before Gee and I head to Vietnam).
I met up with my "Äunt" Debbie at her swanky hotel in the centre of Melbourne and she treated myself and Gee to a lovely Italian meal before showing us around the area that she stays in when visiting Melbourne. We also went to visit my "Uncle" Paul's high rise office which looks out over the centre of Melbourne with a 360 degree view.
Afterwards, Gee and I visited the famous graffiti'd street that I had stumbled upon before and I was amazing at how much the art work had already changed - so I have more photos!
That night I went to visit my friend Natalia from Glasgow in St Kilda (South Melbourne) whose brother had come to visit. I actually got separated and lost from them pretty early on but met some really fun people such as a girl called Ellie who I ended up hanging out with for the rest of the night.
The nest day (11th), Xin (my roommate) and I went to look around the Brunswick and Smith Street area which is full of many different cultures creating a hub of foreign food restaurants, quirky shops and artwork. Later that night we went out to a popular club called Boney. It was a very weird experience, it was the most "indie" club I have ever been to. Everyone was very "hipster", we definitely didn't fit in but the bouncer took a liking to us and let us in for free which did make the experience worth it. Although I had been out all night, I did manage to make it to one of Georgie's hockey matches the next day which was really fun to watch. She was playing against a team which had an old member of our school playing for it (Lydia Short) which was very funny as it was Lydia who scored the winning goal for her team. I was out again that night with Natalie and Scott from Glasgow, they had moved hostels from St Kilda to the centre as their old one had bed bugs! ewww! Being so close to me and the city we decided to go out to a city club called "Sorry, Grandma", it's awful - don't go! However, at the end of the night I met up with Gee and she stayed at mine.
The 13th was my last full day in Melbourne, so I headed into Chinatown for some free WiFi, cheap food and designer shopping in an attempt to master my hangover and sore ankle but ended up in Thornbury in Gee's bed before long eating old soup and watching "The Book Thief" - not as good as the book. I caught the last bus home and managed to bag a lift with one of the hostel workers to the airport. I will not name which company I was flying with, but it was a joke - about four hours later than planned I landed in Sydney and headed for Bronte where my friend Jake lives. But... that's for next time. Here are my pictures from my last few days in Melbourne...sniff sniff.
Lots of Love,
Clementine x
Flowers for Gee's Room
So good - "little cupcakes"
Graffiti and Gee
Scott, Natalie and Me :)
Meet Ellie
Brunswick
Smith Street
Boney Club
Gee's Hockey Match
Classy Pictures
Sushi in China Town




















No comments:
Post a Comment