Our Lima to Miami flight experience was interesting to say the least. I had a little trouble with one of the check-in attendants who wasn't speaking at a normal level and thus, I could not hear what he was saying which ended up with me responding "The Queen" to his question of "Who packed your bags?", as I thought he said - "Who owns your country." All very odd and exasperating to say the least! Then Lima airport informed us that there are no departure announcements.. you have to find out yourself where and when you need to board. "Why?" you ask and he answer is... I have no idea! But the airport had a McDonalds so.. that was all I cared about!
Miami immigration was a joke. We queued for what seemed like hours as there was only one boarder control officer on the desk for foreigners (in comparison to the four officers for americans... for a flight from Peru - ridiculous!) I fell asleep on the floor in the end. The airport also had nothing open for us to browse so I soon went back to sleep in the waiting area.
Finally, however, we made it to Los Angeles! Woooo! Gee's lovely friend Elliot (who she met in Cusco) put us up on his sofa as we were only there for a night and showed us all around LA. Firstly his local area - Santa Monica and Venice which was all very edgy and seemed like something out of 90210 but hipster. Then he took us into the main city where we saw the Mormon Church, the Church of Scientology and the Universal Studios etc. Elliot took us to this Vietnamese restaurant where we proceeded to have some of the best food evvveeerrr. I cannot wait to go to Vietnam now haha. The nest day we were left to our own devices as elliot had work in his Smoothie/Juice bar and we explored China Downtown, Korea town, and the Grand Central Market. Finally, we headed over to UCLA to see Henry Mitchell our friend from back home who has moved to LA to go to college. We met his (potential) girlfriend - who bought us dinner, and saw his frat house which is exactly like in the movies!
That evening, Elliot dropped us back off at the airport and we fade our way to New Zealand! The next step in our Gap Year Journey. Here are my pictures of LA.
Lots of Love,
Clementine x
The Free People in Venice that we practically raided for clothes!
Venice, Santa Monica - above.
Selfie
Miami Immigration
Miami Airport
LA Airport
Venice






No comments:
Post a Comment