Tuesday, 22 July 2014

The Last Leg... Melbourne - 20th until the 30th of June

Hello,

So this is my last blog about Australia... finally! Plus, it's pretty short which is nice.

I landed back in Melbourne on the 20th of June and headed straight back to Gee's house to catch up... but she was at work! So instead, I did the supermarket shopping and made some lunch... in an actual kitchen! I then took a bath and wondered around naked for a while, luxuries I had lived without for what seemed like FOREVER. What shocked me most about being back in Melbourne was how unbelievably cold it was... i couldn't even go outside without a jumper and a coat... double layers! It was like being back in England! Horrific. I had this idea that Australia was sunny all year round - how wrong I was!

The ten days I spent back in Melbourne were half with Gee and sadly, half without. I only got a few days with her before she headed up to Sydney for a well deserved holiday and to catch up with some friends. However, whilst with Gee we did what typical teenage girls do... watched films whilst eating popcorn in bed, caught up with our favourite TV shows, went out and partied the night away with all her Melbourne friends and did a lot of giggling like little girls. It was so lovely to be back with my bestie after so much time but unfortunatly I hardly took any photos because I was having such a good time!


Jess and I


Pip, Me, Jess and Gee


Gee leaving me behind... sniff

When Gee had departed for Sydney, I started to prepare for our South East Asia trip by restocking on clothes, underwear etc, sending home gifts and pointless Australia knick-knacks I had picked up along the way and doing essential beauty treatments like putting blue and red stripes in my hair... YOLO. I did this all by getting around on a spare bike at the house... firstly, I can barely ride a bike and secondly, this bike had o gears. I was/am also extremely unfit... cue the sight of a sweaty, bedraggled girl in several layers wobbling around the city looking like a mad woman.


Some pretty neat packing.... so excited for Vietnam!

I will do an over view of Australia but that will come soon when I have more energy and enthusiasm for typing on this decrepid computer... it's driving me nuts!

Lots of Love,

Clementine x

No comments:

Post a Comment