My next stop on my journey was Brisbane or "Brissie", Australia's third largest city. There is so much to do in Brisbane that I could have taken a few extra days there. For a huge city full of amazing art galleries, scrummy cafes and a great music scene, it is still so laid back. The perfect combination, although the subtropical climate helps!
Whilst there I visited The Gallery of Modern Art, City Botanic Gardens, South Bank Parklands and the huge Brisbane beach set to the backdrop of the skyrise city. I also managed to meet up with an old school friend Lloyd having far too many cocktails!
However, by far the best activity I did was to take a bus out to Australia Zoo (or the Steve Irwin Zoo) with my friend Noelle and a lovely Welsh guy I met in my hostel (Base Central). It was really cool to see some of the Crocs that Steve himself used to work with, and I tried AGAIN to get a selfie with a Roo... not a great success. We also went to the big croc show which was really educational and taught the audience about wildlife behaviour, the dangers and how to be enthusiastic about nature - I felt a little smug knowing about Condors after being to Peru. However, by far my favourite parts of visiting the Zoo were seeing the Red Pandas (something I have been enthralled by since I was a child) and getting up close and personal with the Koalas chilling around the Zoo - a couple of which had Joeys in their pouches making it extra special.
















No comments:
Post a Comment