Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Death Road - Bolivia. 6th February

Hello,

After returning from Uyuni to La Paz our friend and fellow traveller Jack had just got back from completing the Death Road - "the most dangerous road in the world", by mountain bike and had loved it and therefore I demanded that Gee and I take the plunge and do it - despite the fact I can barely ride a bike! We decided to go with a group of friends we had met while travelling who attended Rugby School, a rivalling school to my senior school. It was a group of mainly boys and then three girls, us and our new friend Sophia. It was a very early bus journey and wasn't feeling my best after partying the night before but soon we were on our way, fitted with all the protective gear and a sick bag for me. In the end, I loved the whole experience and enjoyed the risk and speed. The same could not be said for Gee and Sophia, although I did agree that the freezing temperatures and the persistent rain did dampen my spirit at some points! There was only one scarily hairy moment when I came round a corner and hit a boulder... I did think "oh no, this is it,  off the edge!" But I somehow (?) Managed to right myself... I know, I can't believe it either. Here are some photos taken by Gee and the guides.

Los of love,

Clementine x


Sophia, Gee and I


Me!


Our group


A long way down!


Our group again


Looking Pro




Pretty High!


Nearly done...


We made it!




No comments:

Post a Comment