Monday, 27 January 2014

First Few Days

Hey,

So the flights were pretty awful. I didn't sleep at all on the 10 hour flight to Miami. Which was brutal and the transit in Miami was something to behold. Only one food shop open and little all else. I also has to get a train to my terminal which was pretty intimidating. However, my flight to Lima wasn't too bad - I slept the whole way. This did mean I was pretty sleepy in Lima airport which resulted in me nearly missing my flight to Cusco as I was asleep!! My Cusco flight was crazy. The weather was awful and the pilot got lost! So we were circling round cusco for an extra 20 minutes. Once I had waited what felt like forever to get my bag, I made my way out into the sunshine to see Gee's lovely face waiting for me! It was very much a Armagedon moment. The bit where they sing Jet Plane. But now Thelma and Louise are reunited. We made our way to the Loki hostel where we are staying and settled in. We met this lovely girl called Christie who has been travelling for a month already and is from Santa Barbra (I can't spell). She is so nice. I got a bit of altitude sickness last night and was really out of breath (it could just be the fact I'm so unfit). So there was no alcohol on the agenda last night! But today Gee has been showing me around Cusco and we have gone to all these cute cafés and shops. I have already bought some Alpaca jumpers - so warm!! Now I'm just having some carrot soup in the indie cafe called The Meeting Place. And im about to get my hair braided - so mature. I hope you're all okay.

Lots of love,

Clementine x

No comments:

Post a Comment